You’ve heard it before and now you’re going to hear it again: killer content is critical—especially in direct response marketing campaigns. But what does “killer content” even mean? You need a high-definition TV camera? Catchy headlines? Colorful product photos? A radio talent who can properly enunciate your product name?
Yes—yes to everything above. Plus so much more.
The fact of the matter is that creating killer content is not easy. It requires strategy, patience and plenty of quality resources. Which is exactly why every single product on the market today is not a No. 1 seller.
The good news? You can create content for all of your DR marketing channels that not only work together, but converts! For nearly two decades, Marketing Architects has been helping business owners spread the word about the Next Big Thing through killer TV, radio and digital DR marketing content. And we can help you, too. Here’s what we can do:
1. Apply your content strategy to all media channels. When’s the last time you’ve gone a day where the only place you’re getting new information from is the newspaper? Or just the radio? Or the TV? That’s what I thought. People don’t consume only one type of media throughout the day. This is exactly why your content strategy should include multiple media channels.
By crafting a DR marketing campaign that incorporates various types of media—TV, radio and the web—you have a better chance of reaching your target audience with the most effective messages.
2. Make your content memorable. The most successful DR campaigns typically have one thing in common—they’re memorable. Think of it this way: if you put every business owner with a product similar to yours into the Grand Canyon and then climbed down there with them, how would you capture the attention of those standing on the rim? Sure, the loudest ones might get heard, but if you build a hover board and rise up above the rest, I can guarantee that you’ll be the only one that’s remembered.
It’s crucial that your content strategy includes innovative elements that stand out from the rest, whether it involves an easy-to-remember toll-free number, an unforgettable product jingle, extremely well-executed 3D animation or—preferably—all of the above.
And the best way to figure out what creative content works best? Test. Marketing Architects tests several creative and conversion strategies and media intersections to help figure out winning combinations.
3. Demonstrate how your product/service solves your audience’s problems. Unforgettable killer content is not only carefully crafted, it must serve a purpose: to demonstrate how your service/product solves consumers’ problems. If you’re product is a medical device that helps people walk, show it. If you provide financial services to people in debt, explain it. No matter what your product or service is, it’s key that your content strategy includes the top benefits and how it can make a potential customer’s life better.
4. Emphasize your call to action and make it easy for consumers to contact you. Amazing DR content isn’t all about good looks. The whole purpose of running a DR marketing campaign is to get people to directly respond to your business about purchasing your goods or services. That means you should MAKE IT EASY FOR CONSUMERS TO CONTACT YOU. This can’t be stressed enough. Toll-free numbers, website URLs and any other actions you want your audience to take need to be explicit in your messaging.
5. Incorporate user-generated content into your mix. While using high-quality product images in your marketing efforts is obvious, don’t underestimate the power of user-generated content (UGC). Photos taken by consumers of products in action and testimonials of satisfied customers serve as influential endorsement tools. They provide the social proof that spurs rapid ROI.
UGC is especially effective when used on social media sites to bolster the credibility of radio and TV spots, and online campaigns and on the product sites you’re driving traffic to during your DR marketing campaign.
It’s time to create killer DR content that’ll get your business where it needs to be. Our team at Marketing Architects would be more than happy to talk to you about how your TV, radio or digital marketing campaign. Check out our free report on Leveraging Offline Media for Explosive Online Growth.